It is the ultimate in love, sustainability and adventure. A group of Queenstown businesses have teamed up to create dream ‘green wedding’ packages to help New Zealand-based couples tie the knot in unique and inspiring ways this summer.
And to celebrate the launch of the initiative, the wedding collective is running a ‘Tell Us Your Love Story’ competition which will culminate in one lucky couple winning a Forest Eco-Elopement wedding package worth nearly $6,000.
The competition will invite couples to enter to win an ‘eco-elopement’ in Queenstown between 1 February and 30 April 2021 (with blackout dates over Easter), allowing them to make the most of its spectacular scenery, world-class experiences and long summer and autumn days.
Sarah Arkin, of Simply Mindful Weddings, and Ziptrek Ecotours are leading the initiative and Mrs Arkin says they’re delighted to be working with other like-minded local businesses to share the love.
“We’re seeing couples wanting to be more mindful with their wedding plans and they are looking for smaller, more intimate, more affordable, and environmentally-conscious weddings that truly reflect who they are as a couple,” she says.
“In essence, couples are looking for ceremonies that have more meaning, and less waste. Weddings don’t have to cost the earth, and we believe the focus should be on celebrating two people taking the next step on their journey together.”
Mrs Arkin says Simply Mindful Weddings has the experience to make peoples’ wedding dreams come true with over 10 years of planning Queenstown weddings, alongside a genuine commitment to sustainability and mindfulness with the packages on offer. Its community focus means they work with Queenstown owned and operated businesses that are “incredibly talented” at what they do and are excited to be leading the way towards a more sustainable wedding industry.
Ziptrek Ecotours Sales & Marketing Manager Nicky Busst believes the initiative is a “marriage made in heaven” for local businesses.
“A simple celebration of your love surrounded by nature and spectacular views creates a setting that can’t help but get you in the romantic mindset,” she says.
“We know this year has been tough for many couples around New Zealand and we want to help them bring their dream wedding to life here in Queenstown. Our treehouses provide unique staging platforms enabling a fun and affordable wedding while also caring for our environment and community.”
The ‘Tell Us Your Love Story’ competition launches on December 1 with entries closing at 4pm on December 10. To enter, couples must reside in New Zealand and submit their love story, including why they think an eco-elopement would be perfect for them, via the Simply Mindful Weddings website.
The Eco Elopement prize package up for grabs includes:
- A unique ceremony venue set high amongst the treetops on Bob’s Peak with stunning views over Queenstown made exclusively available by innovative zipline company Ziptrek Ecotours. The happy couple will be whisked down their exhilarating treetop ziplines after they say ‘I Do’
- A paperless ceremony personally crafted for each couple by Queenstown local celebrant Andrew Bell
- A sustainable floral package, including a dried floral bridal bouquet and buttonhole or a seasonal fresh floral bridal bouquet and buttonhole locally foraged by The Flower Room
- Organic, locally produced New Zealand bubbles for their first toast
- Help with obtaining their marriage licence and providing two legally-required witnesses
- A photography package for up to two hours of ceremony coverage and additional location photos, professionally edited and provided digitally by Rich Bayley Photography
- Bespoke planning and ‘day of’ coordination by Simply Mindful wedding professionals to ensure no trace is left behind
- Planting of New Zealand native trees in the couple’s name through conservation charity Trees That Count.
Competition entries will be reviewed and voted on collectively by all the prize package sponsors and the winning couple will be announced live via the Simply Mindful Instagram on December 11.
For more information about the Queenstown eco-elopement package, upgrade options and bespoke packages visit http://simplymindfulweddings.com/eco-elopements/forest/.